The protection and security of your personal data is important to us!
The Company shall take all appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, distortion or destruction and shall ensure the legitimate and lawful collection and processing of personal data, as well as its safe keeping. In this effort, we are in a continuous processing of being informed and educated, in order to fully comply with the applicable national, European and international legal framework, and in particular with the European Union's General Regulation for the Protection of Data (EU) 679/2016 and Law No. 4624/2019.
Purpose of the present Policy
We hereby wish to inform you over the way in which your personal data is collected, stored, used and transmitted, the security measures we take to protect your personal data, the reasons and the length of time it is being stored, as well as the type of personal data collected. It concerns any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, alignment or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
The present Policy is updated from time to time and may be amended at any time, if it is considered as necessary, without prior notice, always within the applicable legal framework and in accordance with any amendments and changes to existing data protection laws. We therefore recommend that you review this Policy from time to time to keep yourself updated with any changes that have been made.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that concerns a specific natural person whose identity can be verified (e.g. name, ID number, mailing address, email address, contact number, etc.). Health data (physical or mental, receipt of medical services, etc.) is included in the general term personal data, however constitutes a special category of data. The Company will not process your personal data without your consent. However, the Company reserves the right, in exceptional cases, to process your personal information to the extent permitted or required by law, and / or by court orders or prosecution orders.
How is your personal information collected?
Your personal information is collected in the following ways:
A. You provide them when filling in forms or sending an "e-mail" in order to find out about the products or to use the services available on our Company's website www.dustandcream.gr. Submission of your main information is at your discretion while its processing is conducted with your consent for the sole purpose of delivering information to you over the Company's products, services and activities,
B. Automatically through the browser or mobile device you use to access our Site www.dustandcream.gr,
C. You provide them in order to enable us to perform a contract concluded between us (eg deliver the products you have ordered),
D. You provide them in order to enable the Company to comply with legal requirements (e.g. invoicing, accounting),
E. You provide them when you apply for a job within the Company or send your CV. Disposing your personal data in the context of submitting your CV to the Company for a job takes place in a voluntary way, as otherwise it would not be possible to evaluate the possibility of hiring you. We are committed to keeping your CV in a secure place with controlled access for up to 12 months after the job vacancy is filled. You may request the deletion of your personal information as soon as possible, which we will implement by conducting a legal basis review. The company reserves the right to process your data and re-communicate with you even if the job vacancy is covered within the above mentioned 12 months.
In cases where your consent is required for the collection of your personal data, such as receiving a "newsletter" on a regular basis, your consent will be expressly requested and you may revoke it at any time.
Is the disclosure of your data compulsory?
The mandatory or optional nature of the Data disclosure is indicated by the symbol (*), which is put next to the mandatory personal data.
If you refuse to provide the information that is mandatory to the Websites, it will be impossible to achieve the essential purpose of collecting the particular Data, and may, for example, make it impossible for the Company to fulfill the sales contract or to provide other services available on the Sites.
What kind of personal data is collected?
We make sure to collect only the data that is considered as absolutely necessary, and which is suitable and clear as for the purpose for which it is intended.
The personal data collected and further processed is as follows:
1. Data collected when creating a User Account on the Websites: e-mail*, password*, name, surname, sex, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number.
2. Data from your transactions with the COMPANY, either through our physical stores or through our e-shop. They include your name, address and more generally your contact information (including email address and phone number).
3. Data from your transactions with the COMPANY, either through our physical stores or through our e-shop. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details from any complaint or comment you make, details related to purchases you made, products added to or removed from your shopping cart, a list of products you wish to purchase (wish list), coupon redemptions, websites you visit and how and when you contact us.
4. In addition to the above data you provide to us, it is possible to collect technical information that constitutes personal data, such as your device's Internet Protocol address, e.g. computer, laptop, tablet, Smartphone. We also collect information related to our Website's traffic, or the traffic of other websites you have browsed before. This technical information is used for the proper operation and performance of our Website and is not permanently stored in our infrastructure. More details about the technologies used on our Website are provided in our Cookies Policy.
5. Other information we collect or may collect is: payment information, your comments and reviews on our products, technical information about your internet connection and browser, as well as the code of country and telephone where your device is located, the WebPages that appear during your visit, the advertisements you click on, the username of your social media, if you interact with us through these channels, educational information, like studies, abilities, knowledge of foreign languages, professional experience (only when you are applying for a job).
The provision of additional Data to the Company, in addition to those that are mandatory, is optional and does not have any impact on the main purposes of the data collection, but its provision serves as a way to optimize the quality of the services provided.
The company understands the importance of protecting children's personal data, especially in an online environment. The Company's policy is to never collect, neither knowingly maintain data about any person under the age of 16, without the written consent of their legal representatives.
It is not allowed to children under the age of 15 to subscribe to our Websites and Apps, to participate in experiences and events of the Company without the prior consent of their parent.
What are the principles governing the processing of personal data by the Company?
The Company processes your personal data in a legitimate and lawful manner and for the purposes clearly set out in the present Policy. Your personal data processed by the Company is limited to what is strictly necessary to achieve these purposes, is accurate and up to date, and kept for a period specified by the processing purposes, is protected by adequate security measures and is not transmitted to countries that do not provide sufficient security level of protection.
How Do We Use Your Data?
In order to achieve the best possible service when you are shopping from our e-shop, it is necessary for us to collect some of your personal information. To this end, we collect your Data and offer you our services, always in accordance with the requirements of the applicable legislation for the protection of your Personal Data. If you choose not to share the Data with us or deny us some communication rights, we may not be able to provide some of the services you have requested.
We inform you that the processing of your Data is carried out either by specially authorized personnel of the Company, or by computer systems and electronic devices by the Company and exceptionally by third parties, which, having contractually committed to the confidentiality and protection of your Data, perform tasks necessary to achieve the purposes strictly related to the use of our Websites, their services and the sale of products through our Websites.
We process your data, for example, for the following purposes:
1. In order to fulfill the obligations deriving from our contractual relationship with you, to process the ordering of products and / or services, to provide customer service, to comply with legal obligations, to refute, bring or exercise legal claims. If we do not collect your Data at the time of the completion of your order either from our physical stores or from our e-shop, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. It may be necessary to transfer your Data to third parties for the supply or delivery of the product or service you have ordered. Moreover, we may retain your Data for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill our contractual obligations, such as product returns, in accordance with the provisions of the relevant law.
2. In order to provide you with the account features and functions and to facilitate the purchase of products and / or services.
3. In order to respond to the requests / queries that you submit, to your refund requests and / or to your complaints in the best possible way. We may also keep a record of your queries / requests towards the Company, so that we can respond in a better way to any future communication. This is done in accordance with our contractual obligations towards you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests, in order to provide you with the best possible service and to be able to improve our services based on your own personal experience.
4. We share your Data with third parties in order to fulfill the services that are required to perform our contract of sale, such as courier delivery or a technician visiting your place.
5. We process your Data to evaluate your qualifications and abilities related to the position you are applying for or to another position within the Company and for the purposes of contacting you related to the above.
6. To develop and improve the systems and services for the products we provide.
7. In order to present the offers and suggestions that are most relevant to your interests. In order for you to be presented with the most interesting content on our Websites or Apps, we will use the Data we reatin related to your favorite products.
8. In order to send you research and evaluation requests so we can improve our services.
9. In order to maintain, update and protect your account against fraud and other illegal activities.
10. In order to process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions.
11. In order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations and to exchange data through law enforcement mechanisms. For example, following a court decision to exchange data with judicial services.
12. In order to communicate with you at a level required by law or necessary to inform you of changes to the services we provide. For example, updates relevant to privacy notices, product recall notices, and legally required information about your orders.
13. In order to send, by electronic or traditional means, administrative, technological, organizational and / or commercial information about the Company's products and / or services.
Who collects personal data and for what purpose? Is it transmitted to third parties?
The acquisition, processing, and retention of your data related to your contact information is conducted in order to satisfy the sole purpose of informing you about the Company's products, services and activities. All your data is kept for this sole purpose and is being processed only by our Sales Department and Marketing Department.
The acquisition, processing, and retention of your data related to your CV, knowledge, training and professional experience is done for the sole purpose of evaluating your ability to occupy a job vacancy, is maintained for this purpose only, and is processed only by the Human Resources Department of the Company.
Personal data may be transmitted to affiliates, or to third parties, for further processing in order to provide services, evaluate and improve website functionality, marketing purposes, data management and technical support. Those third parties have contractually committed to us that they will use personal data only for the above mentioned reasons, and will not pass on personal information to third parties, and will not disclose it to third parties unless required by law.
The Company may also transfer certain personal data outside the geographical boundaries to other member companies of the Company or external companies that collaborate with or on behalf of our Company. By providing Data online, visitors give their consent to such transfer and / or storage of Data abroad.
The Company bears the obligation to not market your personal data by selling / renting / transferring / publishing or disclosing it to third parties or otherwise using it for other purposes that may endanger privacy.
How long is my personal data retained?
For example: 1. When you place an order, we will retain the personal information you provided for five years so that we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. 2. If your order included a warranty, the relevant personal data will be retained until the end of the warranty period. 3. Your statement of consent as for receiving newsletters from us is kept for as long as the Company sends you a newsletter and no more than six months after the termination of that service.
In order to fulfill the purpose of processing your data that relates to the evaluation of the possibility to hire you in our Company (CV form) we consider that a reasonable and necessary time to retain your relevant data is the period of twelve (12) months. After the expiration of twelve (12) months from the date of receipt of your CV, the relevant file with all of your data will be deleted.
Your Data Security?
We are committed to safeguarding your Personal Data.
Recognizing the importance of securing your Personal Data, we have taken all the necessary organizational and technical measures to safeguard and protect your Data from any form of accidental or unauthorized processing.
Cases of automatic personal data collection?
In some cases, the Company as well as its service providers use technologies to automatically collect certain categories of Data, when the User visits the e-shop, as well as through the emails that he/she may exchange with the Company. Collecting this data allows the Company to personalize the customer's online experience, to improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of the Company's online presence and to evaluate the effectiveness of its marketing services. Such technologies are:
A. IP Addresses: The IP address is a number that is attributed to the computer of each customer each time he/she accesses the internet. It enables the computers and the servers to be recognized and to communicate with each other. The IP addresses of the visitors can be recorded for reasons of safety of technology of information and of diagnosis of the systems. This data can also be used in centralized form, so that analysis of the tendencies and the output of the websites are conducted.
B. Cookies: By the term "cookies" we refer to small text files that are stored either on the computer or on any electronic device we use. The purpose of cookies is to notify the website that the user visits of their previous activity. (For more information see here Cookies Policy).
D. Web beacons: Web beacons is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain data from a user's computer, such as IP addresses, the time the content of the web page was viewed, the type of the browser and the existence of cookies that were previously placed on the same server. The Company uses web beacons only in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law.
The Company or its service providers may use web beacons in order to track the effectiveness of third-party sites providing us with advertising services or in order to collect aggregated visitor statistics and to manage cookies.
The User has the option of deactivating some web beacons by deleting the relevant cookies. The web beacons will still be able to record an anonymous visit from your IP address, however, cookies information will not be recorded.
E. Tools by Geographical Location
This location data is collected in order to provide customers with information about services that the company believes may be of interest to them based on their geographical location, as well as to improve the products and services provided by the company based on a geographical location.
F. Social media apps and widgets: The Company's Website may include functionality so that the User can post through social networking applications, such as the Facebook Like button and the Twitter widget. These social media applications may collect and use information over the use of the Website by the customers. Any form of Data you provide through such social networking applications may be collected and used by other members of such social networks, and such exchanges are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing those applications. The Company has no control over or responsibility for such companies or the use of the Users' Data by them.
Moreover, the Company's Website may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively referred to as "functions of social media"). The purpose of social media functions is to facilitate the exchange of information and content. Any personal information you provide to any Company's social media function may be disclosed to other users of that social media function (unless otherwise stated at the collection point), over whom we may have limited or no control.
What are my rights against the processing of my personal data?
You have the right at any time to ask us about what personal data we process, for what purposes we do it, whether we transfer it to third parties and to whom, and other relevant information. You also have the right to receive a free copy of your personal data upon request. Other rights that you have under the applicable law include the right to request the updating and / or correction of your data, the pause and / or restriction of their processing, and their deletion from the Company's systems, unless the relevant law provides an obligation of retaining them. You also reserve the right to portability, the right to object to the processing of your personal data, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, the right to be forgotten.
The Company makes every effort to ensure that your questions and requests are answered promptly and in any case within one month of their receipt. This period may be extended by two (2) more months if necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of requests. You will be informed of such an extension as well as of the reasons for the delay within one month of the receipt of your request by the Company. If you submit your request by electronic means, the answer will be provided, if possible, by electronic means, unless you request otherwise (e.g. written letter). If your Requests are profoundly unfounded or excessive, in particular due to their recurring nature, the Company may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing information or performing the requested action, or refuse to further process the Request.
The applicable law is the Greek law, as established in accordance with the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (EU) 2016/679, the Law No. 4624/2019 and generally the applicable national, European and international laws and regulations on the protection of personal data.
The competent courts for any dispute arising related to you data are the Courts of Thessaloniki.
The right to resort to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority?
In case the Company delays beyond a reasonable time to respond to your request and you believe your rights are being violated or that the Company is inconsistent with its data protection obligations you are entitled to file a complaint before the competent supervising authority. (Hellenic Data Protection Authority, 1-3 Kifissias Ave., P.C. 115 23, Athens, email@example.com, +30-210 6475600.
Questions and comments?